Assorted Vegetable Curry for Chapati
The vegetable curry dish is cooked with mixed vegetables such as brinjal, potatoes, french beans and capsicum.
The potatoes are boiled and cubed.
The capsicum is sautéed with the onion.
Tomatoes are stirred in and cooked.
Spice powders are thrown in the pan to flavor the dish.
Tempering ingredients are sizzled for additional seasoning.
Ginger-garlic paste is also fried in the pan to enhance the taste of the dish.
Brinjals, french beans and boiled potato cubes are then tossed with the spices and different flavors to make the dish wholesome.
The vegetable curry prepared with assorted vegetables is commonly served with chapatis.
- Onion : 2-3 Nos.
- Tomato : 2 Nos.
- Potato : 3 Nos.
- Brinjal : 3 Nos.
- French beans : 200 g
- Capsicum : 1 Nos.
- Green chilly : 2-3 Nos.
- Red chilly ( dry ) : 2-3 Nos.
- Ginger-garlic paste : 1 Tsp
- Fennel seeds : 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder : 1 Tsp
- Mango powder : 1 Tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 Tsp
- Red chilly powder : 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 Tsp
- Garam masala : 1 Tsp
- Hing : ½ Tsp
- Oil : 2 Tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Prick holes in the potatoes and boil in the pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles. The water should be at level with the potatoes. Then cool the cooker contents and drain excess water. Cube the potatoes and reserve for cooking in the pan.
- Chop onion, tomatoes, capsicum and brinjals into bite-size pieces.
- The green chillies should be slit.
- The dry red chillies must be broken.
- The french beans must be knifed into ½ inch long pieces.
- Rinse the chopped ingredients with water and stand on the counter after the excess water is drained.
- Spatter oil in a pan on the gas.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Season the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds in the pan and allow them to crackle.
- Stir in the hing and broken red chillies in the pan.
- Sauté the pan contents for a minute.
- Then mix in the onion in the pan and fry until the onion are translucent.
- Throw the capsicum pieces in the pan and stir fry for 1 minute.
- The tomato pieces and pressed green chillies can now be added to the pan.
- Spoon the pan contents for 2 minutes.
- Pour the ginger-garlic paste in the pan and cook the paste for couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle the spice powders including the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Toss the pan contents for 5 minutes for the spice flavors to be discharged in the pan.
- Thereafter, transfer the brinjal pieces, potato cubes and chopped beans to the pan.
- Mix the pan contents for few minutes and spice-coat the vegetables.
- Also put salt on the pan contents.
- The mango powder can also be emptied in the pan.
- Now splash ½ cup of water in the pan.
- Lid the pan and simmer the pan contents on low flame for 10-15 minutes for the vegetables to become tender.
- Mix the pan contents regularly at intervals.
- The pan contents can now be decanted in a serving bowl after switching off the gas and bringing the pan off the gas.
- The alluring curry can now be relished with chapati.