Vegetarian Side Dish Recipe for Chapati
There are many vegetarian side dishes for chapati.
They can range from Filled Masala Bhindi, Aloo Gobi, Moong Dal, Mushroom Masala and Paneer Chilly to name a few.
However the Vegetable Gravy dish with chapati is nourishing as it contains a healthy mix of different vegetables.
Onion-tomato paste is prepared, cooked with steamed vegetables, seasoned with tempering ingredients, spiced with different flavors and spooned with fresh cream.
Cream is stirred in the dish to make it thick and wholesome.
The vegetable gravy can suitably be accompanied with chapatis.
- Potato : 1 Nos.
- Carrot : 1 Nos.
- Cauliflower florets : 4-5 Nos.
- Beans : 8-10 Nos.
- Green peas : ¼ Cup
- Red chilly powder : 2 Tsp
- Fresh cream : 75 ml
- Onion : 1 Nos.
- Tomato : 1 Nos.
- Oil : 2 Tsp
- Cloves : 3-4 Nos.
- Cinnamon : 1 small piece
- Oil : 1 Tbsp
- Peel the potatoes.
- The vegetables including the carrots, peeled potatoes, beans and cauliflower florets can be chopped into bite-size pieces, rinsed with water, the excess water can be drained and they can be placed aside.
- Chop the coriander leaves and set aside after cleaning with water and discarding the extra water.
- Mince the onion and tomato.
- Then rinse the chopped ingredients with water and allow them to stand on the counter after the excess water is drained from the vegetables.
- Take a pan and splatter 2 tsp of oil in the pan.
- Put the diced onion in the pan.
- Sauté the pan contents and lightly brown the onion.
- Then add the minced tomatoes to the pan and mix in the pan.
- Cook the pan contents for 2-3 minutes and allow the tomato to soften.
- Then bring the pan off the gas for the pan contents to cool.
- Now the pan contents can be ground in a grinder for a ground paste.
- Keep aside the prepared ground paste until needed in the pan while cooking.
- Boil the cubed potatoes, carrot pieces, knifed cauliflower florets, chopped beans and green peas in a pressure cooker / pan / microwave oven with adequate water until they are tender.
- Thereafter, drain the extra water from the vegetables and place away the vegetables.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil in a pan on the gas and heat the oil.
- Drop the cinnamon stick and cloves in the pan and temper the pan contents for 30-50 seconds.
- Transfer the boiled vegetables to the pan and toss with the seasoning ingredients in the pan.
- Fry the pan contents for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the prepared ground paste in the pan.
- Spoon the pan contents for couple of minutes and let the spice flavors be mixed with the pan contents.
- Throw red chilly powder on the pan contents.
- Add salt in the pan to adjust the seasoning of the pan contents.
- Empty the fresh cream in the pan.
- Mix the pan contents for few minutes after adding the ingredients.
- Simmer the pan contents on low heat.
- Also toss the pan contents every some minutes.
- The gravy should thicken in the pan.
- When the gravy has the preferred thickness then the pan can be got off the heat and rested on the counter.
- The thick creamy gravy can be decanted in a large bowl from the pan.
- Place the chopped coriander leaves atop the bowl contents to garnish the dish.
- Serve with chapatis on the table.