How Chapati Making Machine Works
Whether you want 500, or 1000 or 2000 chapatis, the automatic chapati making machine can make it in an hour. Just imagine no kneading, rolling or baking; you just stand and watch, while the machines does all the work for you and makes lovely, soft and puffed chapatis, like the homemade ones. So easy!!! There are two kinds of chapati making machine; semi-automatic and fully automatic. In the semi automatic the dough has to be knead, made into balls and then placed one by one on the conveyor, which is then pressed and goes to the oven to bake, whereas in the fully automatic chapati making machine, there is a dough mixer, which kneads the dough and then the dough is cut into required sized balls, before being send to the conveyer. Now let’s see how the automatic chapati making machine works.
Process of making chapati in an automatic chapati making machine
- The flour, water and required amount of salt is added into the dough mixer or the flour kneading machine, where the dough is knead.
- (a): The dough then passes through the machine to cut into balls. The balls are then pressed into round shape by hydraulically operated press.
(b): Some machines have a dough sheeter. Sheeter consisting of a heavy- duty frame with gauging rollers driven by a motor with gearbox arrangement would be provided. The hopper would be of Stainless steel with proper taper. The dough is smooth formed from the hopper in the form of a sheet and feed to the 3 set of gauging rollers (2 set from seasoned wood roll and 1- set roll are from Teflon coated roll). The distance between the gauging rollers would be adjustable and this would depend on the desired thickness of the Roti, chapatti. The rollers would be Teflon coated (food-grade material). There would be an intermediate conveyor to feed the dough sheet to the cutting plant. The conveyor belt would be of food-grade material. From the sheeter the dough sheet reaches the cutting rotary cutting unit. The rotary cutting would be fitted on a roller for smooth and accurate cutting of roti or chapatti as per the desired size. There would be a provision for shifting the generated Chapatti scrap back to the hopper.
- Whether type (a) or (b), the chapatis then travel to the oven. Chapati baking oven machine consist with heavy duty ribbon gas burner with three ply, 2 numbers for roasting chapati both side and one number for puffing.
- The delicious, puffed, soft chapatis, then falls into the collecting vessel.
- The whole process is done by a steel slotted conveyor belt complete with a 2 H.P. electric motor.
All the machines follow the traditional chapati making process and all the parts that come into contact with the dough and chapati, are made of food grade aluminum, stainless steel and Teflon. The chapatis are hygienically made and the process of making chapati is much easier and cleaner and saves a lot of time, energy and labor.